Looking for the downloads section? Click here

Every mod works online, just do this.

News & Announcements
Chase
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 pm

So...since i got a pm or a whining kid bragging about online compatible mods every day..

1. You should NEVER use mods on public servers.
Makes no sense, no one will see that you have a modded vehicle, and in exchange,you will see the actual mod  with bunch of weird looking skins that doesn`t  fit.
2. Using mods on private servers
In case you want to have some fun with your buddies, every single mod works,even tweaks,rims and so on.
All you have to do is:

-Every member in that server,must have the exact same car mod installed. (on every platform, XR,RB,FZ etc)
-After server creation, type this in the lobby (simply using the chat)  /modified=yes

In case of using tweaks.

-I suggest using NTO to start understanding the mechanism of all this.
-Everybody MUST have the exact same numbers typed into their NTO (or actually whatever tweak you are using, I use NTO as an example)
  In case somebody wants to go less HP or less steerlock, you can always tone it down in the garage. Intake restriction and Steerlock degree, you can just tone it as you wish. BUT as I said before, everybody has to have the exact same numbers/tire sizes/engine size/ squares checked in.
-Everybody must use the exact same version of NTO and LFS
- If you are using NTO, you must have [NTO] in your server name, otherwise it won`t work online.

Experts

If you are confortable with your game buddies how to make all this fuzz about playing online with mods and proper engine setups. You can combine them so everybody has their own engine type, perhaps different wheelbase length.

How ?

It is a bit tricky. Let`s say there are 2 people in the server. You and your friend.
-Everybody enters spectator mode.
-Everybody loads in the exact same tweak setups.
-First person exits the pits, stays with the settings that was in the tweak.

-Second person wants a different engine.
-Both of you load in his tweak setup ( when changing NTO settings , sometimes you have to uncheck then check again every small square in order to activate)
-Second player exits the pits,

The bad part is, that only the last player can enter inside the garage from now on. If player nr1 enters the garage, his vehicle will have the exact same setup as player nr2, since you loaded his tweak setup last.

Most importantly.
Driftmods do not agree with the usage of mods on public servers.
Use them on private servers with your gang.
Last edited by Chase on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Automotive Visualization. Check us out! www.owlempires.com
Darecki
Advanced
Advanced
Been liked: 2 times

Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Well said (written actually) Chase.
Randz

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:18 pm

I hope you didn't see me as a whining kid bragging about online compatible mods...

Yes I use them on a private server, where there are usually like 5-7 members. And it's just really weird to think that everyone who logs in seperately at seperate times, now has the same exact mod, tweak and rims... People change mods all the time and for their own personal taste and preferances.

So please, don't take this as a ''kid whining and bragging about online compability''. Take this as a preference...
Chase
Administrator
Administrator

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Tho,i`m pretty sure what you guys do,is host a cracked server,that runs all the time almost.

What i`m talking about is! You and your closest friends,sit down near a nice skype chat, assign a car mod you gonna use that night, and go with it. Or more mods,whatever...there are more cars then just the XR.

I used to host here like a year ago. Went with an RX7 on the FZ, Altezza on the XR,Evo 9 on the RB. Those are already 3 mods to play at the same time.
Kabuhi

Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 am

Get to know more.

Chase
Administrator
Administrator

Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:35 am

Updated first post.
Everybody is welcome.

This technique works 100%, if you get an error, you messed up something.
So before trying it, make sure that everybody who is trying to join your server ,is using the exact same version of Game and Tweaks, and that they load the exact same tweak setups as everybody else,without modifying it for themselves.
  • Information