Looking for the downloads section? Click here

[L.Rahm's Work Shop] -Now: Volvo 945

Show us what you're working on!

Moderator: LFS Moderators

L.Rahm

Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Today I have continued my work with my Volvo Amazon.
The file was ready with all materials already applied since last time (2 years ago).
Only thing I had to do now was to convert it over. But I can't... My car importer crashes when I import the xrt.vob file.. I have tried with both z28 and 0.6g version but that didn't make any difference and it shouldn't make any difference since it is exactly the same file... Anyone know what the problem is?  :-[

*Edit: I discovered that I can't put the xrt.vob file alone in a folder. It needs to have all the other vob files in the same folder to be able to be imported into LFS CarImp...

I will hopefully continue my work tomorrow.
Last edited by L.Rahm on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L.Rahm

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Got it imported but as I thought, it was a bit out of scale... And rotated in the wrong direction too... ::)
*Edit: It also has to many polys...

Making slow progress  :D Image
Last edited by L.Rahm on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Apex
Advanced
Advanced
Has liked: 1 time

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Second screenshot looks way better …
;)

Without wormhole implosion destruction or whatever that was!
;D
L.Rahm

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:05 pm

Mr. Apex wrote: Second screenshot looks way better …
;)

Without wormhole implosion destruction or whatever that was!
;D
:D Everything in 3DS Max is kinda new to me so this project will take some time  :D

I have although made some progress :
I deleted a lot of stuff when I exported just to get it in the game at all without having to many polys. That is why the bonnet,roof, lights and top of the trunk are missing.

I have some questions. I know I can get a 40k poly model in the game using different childs. My question is simply how do I do that? I think I understand everything else regarding importing, zmodeler and so on... 8)

*Edit: How do I scale everything in zmodeler at the same time? It's either height and wideness or just length. Is there any way to re-scale all of them at the same time?
Last edited by L.Rahm on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chase
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:37 pm

40K ? You can get over 100K if you want. LFSCARIMP has the childs, main got the body parts ( that uses a skin)
Child 1 has the steeringwheel,others can be changed to anything ,pretty much. Read the tutorial from Rene
Automotive Visualization. Check us out! www.owlempires.com

L.Rahm

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:02 am

Chase wrote: 40K ? You can get over 100K if you want. LFSCARIMP has the childs, main got the body parts ( that uses a skin)
Child 1 has the steeringwheel,others can be changed to anything ,pretty much. Read the tutorial from Rene
I am using the tutorial but I can't find anything about using different childs. I do know what all the childs are for and if I'm not wrong it is a 16k poly limit per child? My question still remains though, how do I use different childs? When I tried it out, the objects in different childs were placed all wrong :(

*Edit: I know I can get a lot more than 40k polys in the game. What I meant was that the model is 40k  ;)
Last edited by L.Rahm on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nagata
Administrator
Administrator
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:23 pm

When exporting 3d stuff from Zmodeler you would usually be prompted to reset the objects being exported to origin. Select "No" when you export stuff for use in the Main child as well as Child 1 (containing the steering wheel as mentioned), and "Yes" for the rest of the child groups.
JoNnii

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:47 pm

I love that car.
I also want to own one irl some day ;)

It's looking like a  start, but obviously (and you know that I guess) needs many fixes ;)

Keep it going.
Darecki
Advanced
Advanced
Been liked: 2 times

Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:07 pm

XR child:

child 1 - steering wheel;
child 2,3 - brake calipers;
child 4 - xrg/xrt shift gator;
child 5 - xrg/xrt seats;
child 6 - interior mirror;
child 7,8,9 - wipers;
child 10 - xrr seat;
child 11,12 - xrr hood pins;
child 16 - exterior door handles;
child 17,22 - xrr interior switches;
child 18 -  steering wheel cluster;
child 19 - xrr fire extinguisher;
child 20 - xrr gear lever;
child 21 - xrr lcd display;
child 23 - seatbelt locks.

Was posted somewhere around there.

Also, if you want to make custom calipers, do not rest to origin, as with steering wheel ;)
L.Rahm

Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:58 pm

Darecki wrote: XR child:

child 1 - steering wheel;
child 2,3 - brake calipers;
child 4 - xrg/xrt shift gator;
child 5 - xrg/xrt seats;
child 6 - interior mirror;
child 7,8,9 - wipers;
child 10 - xrr seat;
child 11,12 - xrr hood pins;
child 16 - exterior door handles;
child 17,22 - xrr interior switches;
child 18 -  steering wheel cluster;
child 19 - xrr fire extinguisher;
child 20 - xrr gear lever;
child 21 - xrr lcd display;
child 23 - seatbelt locks.

Was posted somewhere around there.

Also, if you want to make custom calipers, do not rest to origin, as with steering wheel ;)
Thanks! But as I said, I already know about the childs  ;)
Nagata wrote: When exporting 3d stuff from Zmodeler you would usually be prompted to reset the objects being exported to origin. Select "No" when you export stuff for use in the Main child as well as Child 1 (containing the steering wheel as mentioned), and "Yes" for the rest of the child groups.
Thanks for the help!
L.Rahm

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Had one hour to work with it yesterday  8)
Could someone help me with this? Am I supposed to invert the faces or something like that? :-[
L.Rahm

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Update! Kind of... Fixed some issues and got some new ones! ;D

Could someone help me out with the steering wheel?
I have tried clicking both yes and no when I export from zmodeler :-[
Darecki
Advanced
Advanced
Been liked: 2 times

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Once you import steering wheel with reset object to origin=1, the vob is useless, unfortunately :( Even when your next import will be with that thing set to 0.
Not to mention, the wheel should be at 0,0,0 position in 3d program, but I think you know that :)
L.Rahm

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:03 am

Darecki wrote: Once you import steering wheel with reset object to origin=1, the vob is useless, unfortunately :( Even when your next import will be with that thing set to 0.
Not to mention, the wheel should be at 0,0,0 position in 3d program, but I think you know that :)
I had no idea the steering wheel was supposed to be in 0,0,0    ???
Damn, thanks  ;D

Update:  8)

Next to fix is some textures for the interior, the lights, the bumpers and the grill, fix the mirrors so I actually can see anything in them, fix the front license-plate somehow, import the steering wheel, but some black object behind all the holes in the body, resize/move the body down and to the left a bit so the drivers elbow is not outside the car and also so that the steering wheel/dash is in the right position... And I think I also have to do something about the windows... They look a bit weird from the outside but they are see-through... ::)
L.Rahm

Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Today, I figured out that I'll never be able to make the driver and steeringwheel fit with the rest of the interior/car. This is unless someone recently figured out how to move the steeringwheel left/right?
I have tried redoing the scaling to make it fit but it look too wide and weird  :(
  • Information